OFFICIAL HANGOUT 2022 ADA GUIDE
Hangout Music Festival is an accessible event, and we are dedicated to continually improving our efforts to ensure you have access to all the event amenities. We welcome and encourage all feedback and suggestions from our patrons. The following explains the services provided this year. Please read this informational guide thoroughly before sending an inquiry email. For any accessibility-related questions not answered in the guide, please email us at email@example.com
. We will do our best to assist you and address your accessibility needs.
The venue is navigable for people with mobility disabilities. The event is held on the beach. However, there are accessible pathways connected throughout the venue including parking, entrances, stages, ADA viewing areas, merchandise and vendors. We encourage all guests with mobility disabilities to utilize personal forms of transportation, including wheelchairs and scooters. Crutches, walkers and canes are permitted as well to be brought into the event. If you need to recharge your motorized mobility device, you may do so at the Accessibility Services Hub. Patrons should bring all cords and accessories needed to charge their devices. Chargers must use a 110-volt, 20 amp circuit.
We will not be providing wheelchair or scooter rentals.
There will be limited ADA parking spots for guests with disabilities onsite. Parking is free of charge and is available on a first come, first serve basis. You will need a verified handicap placard, permit, or license plate to enter this parking lot. The person to whom the handicap credential is issued must be present in the vehicle, as a driver or passenger.
ADA parking is in the parking lot of Surf Style, vehicles will be able to enter this lot from East 1st Ave.
OFFSITE ACCESSIBLE SHUTTLES (if the event is providing)
Please check our Shuttles
page for more information.
There will be an ADA entry lane, located at the main entrance. Disabled guests may use this lane to safely enter the venue. After using the ADA entry, please visit the Accessibility Services Hub immediately after so that you can keep using the ADA entry for the following show days.
ACCESSIBILITY SERVICES HUB
Please Note: You must stop here to get your ADA wristband credential. There is no ADA pre-registration before the event - this is all done onsite at the event.
There will be an Accessibility Services Hub conveniently located on the corner of the intersection of E Beach Blvd & Hwy 59. The exact location of this hub will be labeled on the event map when it is released. At this location, you can:
- Get your ADA wristband credential
- Get your ADA questions answered
- Learn about our accessibility services
- ADA wristbands are good for the whole weekend
- DO NOT remove your wristband for the entire duration of the event
- One companion wristband will be issued for each disabled patron (exceptions will be made for families with young children)
- If a disabled guest wants to switch their companion, please bring the old companion wristband to the Accessibility Services Hub to be reissued
ACCESSIBLE VIEWING AREAS
There will be accessible viewing areas made available to ADA patrons at designated stages. To gain access to these areas, please visit us at the Accessibility Services Hub.
Accessible Viewing Area Policies:
- Companions may be asked to stand in the back if capacity is reached
- Patrons and companions may not smoke in these areas
- Patrons may not save spots
- Do not block the view of the guests behind you
Service animals are permitted throughout the venue. However, this does not include emotional support animals, therapy animals, or companion animals. Any animal whose task is to provide protection, emotional support, well-being, comfort, or companionship is not considered a service animal and will not be allowed into the venue. Only service animals that have been individually trained and are under the proper care of their owners will be allowed within the premises.
The following guidelines must be followed:
- All service animals must be registered with the ADA department upon entry into the event
- All service animals must remain by the handler’s side at all times and must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered. If these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or if the handler’s disability prevents the use of these devices, the handler must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls
- Service animals must be housebroken and should use the service animal relief area
- Anyone bringing an animal will be responsible for and liable for any damage or injury caused by the animal
- All service animals should have legally required vaccinations (which ADA staff may ask to see for verification)
We ask that you do not leave your animal in your car while you're inside the event, as vehicles without air conditioning on may become too hot and unsafe for any animal.
The following sets will feature ASL Interpretation:
- Post Malone at Hangout Stage - 9:45 - 11:00PM
- Fall Out Boy at Surf Stage - 8:45 - 9:45PM
- T-Pain at Boom Stage - 7:45 - 8:45PM
- Kane Brown at Surf Stage - 6:45 - 7:45PM
- Maren Morris at Hangout Stage - 5:45 - 6:45PM
- Halsey at Hangout Stage - 9:45 - 11:00PM
- Illenium at Hangout - 7:45 - 8:45PM
- Tame Impala at Hangout Stage - 9:45 - 11:00PM
- Megan Thee Stallion at Surf Stage - 8:45 - 9:45PM
- Jack Harlow at Hangout Stage - 7:45 - 8:45PM
First Aid: We have several First Aid locations throughout the venue, noted on the event maps and mobile app, if available. Professional medical staff can help you with your medical needs at these locations.
Special Dietary Needs:
The event will have food vendors that provide gluten-free dietary options. For those with special dietary needs beyond what will be offered at the event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
for further assistance.
Prescription Medications: All prescription medications must be in the original manufacturer container with your name on it, which matches your government-issued photo ID. Please only bring a sufficient amount of medication for the duration of the event. Your medications must be cleared by the medic team at the event entry.
: If you would like to request large format print/braille literature, guided tours for guests with visual disabilities, assisted listening device systems or another accommodation not listed, please reach out to us at email@example.com
COMMENTS, QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIONS
Hangout Music Festival will consider any request by a guest with disability for reasonable modification of its policies, practices or procedures or for auxiliary aids and services that will permit the guest equal enjoyment of the goods and services offered at the event. We encourage you to make any such request as far in advance as possible to enhance our ability to evaluate and fulfill the request.
In continually trying to make our event more accessible, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
for any of your accessibility-related needs. Additionally, if you have any questions about ADA policies or our services, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
We hope you find this guide informative, we look forward to seeing you at Hangout!